In order to warrant a positive review from me, a dog bed must really work to impress me. With one large and one extra large dog in the house, places of rest are put through vigorous tests; not only are they used for lounging but they also must accommodate enthusiastic bone chewing, raucous games of bitey-face and, of course, endless nesting. While I’ve been a big fan of Bowser Beds for a while now, I recently had an altercation with one. I went to wash the Bowser and in the process noticed that the inner cushion had gotten a rip. The cushion is not washable and must be removed before you wash the cover. When I went to put the ripped tubular cushion back into the bed, a struggle ensued. Though I eventually won the scuffle, I ended up cursing the bed and it just doesn’t look quite the same as it used to.
So let me bring your attention over to an alternative….a bed that you will never curse after washing. The Molly Mutt Dog Duvet.
What is a Dog Duvet? It’s a shiny new cover for your old dog bed that you can’t bear to throw out or an excellent way to use those old clothes, blankets and towels you have laying around! Fill the Molly Mutt Stuff Sack with handmedowns and you have the inside of your Dog Duvet!
Why We Like It:
* The Duvets come in an assortment of awesome, stylish designs – perfect for the hip dog (and owner). They’re made of 100% pre-shrunk cotton and have zippers all the way around. The cotton is not flimsy in the least – it’s going to last. The Duvets come in 3 sizes – Small ( 22″x27″x5″), Medium/Large ( 27″x36″x5″), Huge (36″x45″x5″).
* The Stuff Sack is completely washable so you don’t have to wash every piece of the clothing you use inside of the Duvet. This keeps everything organized and makes changing the Duvet cover a simple process.
* Earth Friendly! Stop throwing away dog beds and your old clothes! The Molly Mutt bed prevents you from doing both.
* Remember that dogs love your scent, it’s comforting to them to be close to items that smell like you. If you place a few worn items inside their Molly Mutt bed, they’ll love it even more.
* I really loved the fact that the level of softness and firmness are totally adjustable. Because Reef is a supreme nester, I like for her beds to have a little “give” to them. With the Dog Duvet I can stuff as much or as little as I like, allowing for proper nesting space. The bed may look flat in the photo, but it was just right for her!
I’d like to get another Duvet cover so I can throw the one I have in the wash and slip the clean one on the Stuff Sack. For those of you who want to avoid this issue from the get go, you can purchase kits that come with 2 Duvet covers and a stuff sack.
I don’t even want to think about the amounts I’ve shelled out for dog beds over the years – I’m sure you don’t want to either. Molly Mutt Duvets aren’t going to set you back an arm and a leg (or a paw) – depending on the size you want you can get a 2 duvet kit with a stuff sack for $50-$95. The individual duvets range from $20-$40. Right now there’s free shipping for orders over $75 as well!
In a special offer just for our readers, you get an additional 10% off your entire order if you enter “thedogguide” at checkout – the offer is only valid until June 30th, so act now!